As most of us are at this time of year, I'm re-thinking some of my organization and making necessary tweaks. I came up with an idea to solve two problems: 1) I bought some Ikea Bygel cups to hang on the side of my Raskog cart, but didn't like them there, and 2) I still wanted to use them. Here's my solution:
The entire back of my workbench (from Harbor Freight, seen HERE) is pegboard. I went to Walmart and bought a cheap curtain rod and these screws and nuts and washers:
Serendipitous occurrence: the holes in the pegboard are exactly the same distance apart as the holes in the mounting brackets for the curtain rod! I stuck the screw through the bracket and the hole in the pegboard, stuck a washer on the backside and screwed on the nut:
Here it is before I leveled it out:
Since the brackets have some fiddling room, I was able to move the right side up and the left side down a smidge before I hung the cups on. Here it is again:
The one on the far left has small rulers and Xacto knives and a very small rotary cutter. Center is glue dots and dimensionals, and far right has adhesives of other types (Quickie Glue pen, small tape runner, E6000, etc.). I know that I could have screwed the cups directly to the pegboard, but they're up off my worktable for now and I have a future plan for the curtain rod, so there you go!
I've also been revamping my stamp storage, organization and indexing. I found these at Ikea:
All of my stamps are back on 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" laminated cardstock and in appropriately-sized page protectors. They were in binders in a previous incarnation of my system, but I re-thought that idea, overhauled to 4" x 6" photo sleeves in small bins, and now I'm back to the larger size but don't want the binders.
Because there are SO MANY stamps - even though I've purged SO MANY stamps - I needed to have dividers to help me find things. Being as frugal as I am, I chose to make them from cereal boxes, using my WRMK envelope punch board. Here's how that went:
1) Cut cardboard to 6 1/2" x 9"
2)Punch notch in top edge: 2 1/4" from left edge for first tab, 2" from each edge for center tab, 2 1/4" from right edge for third tab:
3) Cut from non-tab edge to punched notch(es) to remove excess cardboard:
4) Round all corners:
Repeat for as many dividers as you require. Here's the finished lineup:
And here they are in action:
My index binders (trading card pages with stamped images) have the same categories and dividers as the stamps themselves:
I use a P-Touch label maker for all of my labels, in case you care... Those are the two main tweaks to the system over here! There are other, smaller ones, but nothing share-worthy... I hope some of this was helpful for you! Happy Hump Day, and enjoy the rest of your week! Thanks, as always, for stopping by!
Thank you for sharing this! I love seeing how you tweak your system... and I love knowing that I'm not the only crafter that feels the need to keep changing how I organize my supplies, LOL.
Posted by: Kitty Smith | January 26, 2017 at 01:22 PM